Meditation and visualizationThere are several proposed ways to activate the third eye, but they all involve relaxing the body, focusing the mind, and visualizing the energy of the sixth chakra. Meditation is a highly personal experience, so try to adjust your meditative practices to suit your preferences. For example, you may prefer to meditate outside, or at night, or in a particular room.
While it is important to tailor your meditation sessions to your personal needs, it is also essential to have a clear understanding of what you are trying to achieve - and how you will achieve it - in mind. Here is one of many proposed meditative exercises. It is recommended that you start by following these steps and personalize the process as you learn more about your meditative style.
1. Relax in a quiet place. You may choose to sit in lotus position or lie down.
2. Close your eyes. Let your mind clear. Completely relaxing is very difficult, so take your time and allow yourself to release one worry after another.
3. Once your mind is calm, focus your mental energy on the center of your forehead. The pineal gland is located in the brain, so concentrate on this gland. You may feel warm or get a tingling sensation at this point in the exercise.
4. Visualize a third eye in the center of your forehead. Concentrate on images of this eye opening and the frequency of the energy of this eye falling into sync with the rest of the energy in your body.
5. Repeat this exercise until you have awakened the full potential of the sixth chakra. You may find, as your third eye gets stronger, that you can look at the room from its perspective. With your eyes closed, visualize the room from the third eye.
Why is the third eye important?Activating the third eye is believed to improve perception and communication. Individuals who have opened their sixth chakra are sensitive to the energy around them and are easily affected by external factors, such as the foods they eat.
If you are ready to activate your third eye, keep in mind that the process may take some time. For many people it happens quickly, for others it takes years. Remember that this is an opportunity to better get to know yourself and the energies within you.